Backyard Critters 4: Owl, Deer, Opossum Felted Knit Amigurumi Pattern, 4 inch
Owl, Deer, Opossum
Finished Size: Approximately 3-1/2 to 4 inches (8.9-10.2cm) tall, depending on yarn used and amount of felting.
Yarn: Use only 100% wool, worsted weight. Do not use a ‘superwash’ wool as this will not felt. Bleached white yarns do not felt and many off-white yarns may not felt well. Test a sample knit swatch of white yarn before using. Yardages are approximate:
- Owl: Natural (32yd/29.5m); White (4yd/4m); Gray-Brown (6yd/5.5m).
- Deer: Gold (36yd/33m); White (6yd/5.5m).
- Opossum: Gray (32yd/29.5m); White (6yd/5.5m); Pink (4yd/4m).
Needles: Straight needles, size 10 US (6mm).
- Felt: black (All), pink (Deer, Opossum), white (Deer), gold (Owl).
- Embroidery floss: black (All), pink (Deer, Opossum), white (All), gold (Owl).
- Yarn needle; embroidery needle.
- Removable Stitch Markers (Deer, Opossum).
- Polyester Pellets, Approximately 1oz (28g) per project
- Small amount of waste cotton yarn to temporarily secure seams.
Stitches: M1 (Make one), K2TOG.