Backyard Critters 5: Cougar, Turtle, Weasel Felted Knit Amigurumi Pattern, 4 inch
Cougar, Turtle, Weasel
Finished Size: Approximately 3-1/2 to 4 inches (8.9-10.2cm) tall, depending on yarn used and amount of felting.
Yarn: Use only 100% wool, worsted weight. Do not use a ‘superwash’ wool as this will not felt. Bleached white yarns do not felt and many off-white yarns may not felt well. Test a sample knit swatch of white yarn before using. Yardages are approximate:
- Cougar: Gold (38yd/35m); White (2yd/2m); Black (2yd/2m).
- Turtle: Leaf Green (24yd/22m); Natural (6yd/5.5m); Olive Green (10yd/9.5m).
- Weasel: Brown (34yd/31m); White (8yd/7.5m).
Needles: Straight needles, size 10 US (6mm).
- Invisible thread.
- Felt: black (All), pink (Cougar, Weasel).
- Embroidery floss: black (All), white (All), pink (Cougar, Weasel).
- Removable stitchmarkers (Weasel).
- Yarn or tapestry needle; embroidery needle.
- Polyester Pellets, Approximately 1oz (28g) per project
- Small amount of waste cotton yarn to temporarily secure seams.
Stitches: M1 (Make one), K2TOG.