Buggin' Out! 1: Ant, Ladybug, Bee Felted Knit Amigurumi Pattern, 4 inch
Ant, Ladybug & Bumblebee
Finished Size: Approximately 4.5 to 5 inches long, depending on yarn used and amount of felting.
Yarn: Use only 100% wool, worsted weight. Do not use a “superwash” wool as this will not felt. Bleached white yarns do not felt and many off white yarns may not felt well. Test a sample knit swatch of white yarn before using. Yardages are approximate:
- Ant: Main Color (53 yards)
- Ladybug: Main Color (44 yards), Contrast Color (19 yards).
- Bumblebee: Main Color (25 yards), Contrast Color (16 yards), White (14 yards).
- Straight needles, size 10 US.
- Double-pointed needles, size 10 US (Optional).
- Black felt.
- Black and white embroidery floss.
- Yarn or Tapestry needle.
- Polyester Pellets, Approximately 1 oz. per insect
- Small amount of waste cotton yarn to temporarily secure seams .
Stitches: M1 (Make one), K2tog, P2tog, I-Cord.