Lobster, Octopus, Clam
Finished Size: Approximately 4.5-5.5 inches (11.5-14cm) long, depending on yarn used and amount of felting.
Yarn: Use only 100% wool, worsted weight. Do not use a ‘superwash’ wool as this will not felt. Bleached white yarns do not felt and many off-white yarns may not felt well. Test a sample knit swatch of white yarn before using. Yardages are approximate:
Lobster: Color A (Red) 66yd (60.5m).
Octopus: Color A (Lavender) 64yd (58.5m).
Clam: Color A (Peach)14yd (13m); Color B (Dark Natural) 35yd (32m); Color C (White) 30yd (27.5m).
- Straight needles, size 10 US/6mm.
- Double-pointed needles, size 10 US/6mm (Lobster, optional).
Felt: black (All).
Embroidery floss: black (All), white (All).
- Yarn needle; embroidery needle.
- Polyester Pellets, Approximately 1oz (28g) per project
- Small amount of waste cotton yarn to temporarily secure seams.
Stitches: M1 (Make one), K2TOG, I-Cord.